New Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update Fixes Busted Post-Game MVP Screen; Here Are The Patch Notes
EA and DICE have detailed the contents of the new update for Star Wars Battlefront II, patch 1.03. It doesn’t do much in the way of introducing new features, instead focusing on resolving bugs and making other small tweaks. Perhaps most notably, it addresses complaints about the awards screen presented at the end of a round.
Previously, this screen recognized the player who earned a certain distinction–MVP, most kills, longest killstreak, and so on. Because of the specifics awards that it hands out, this oftentimes results in the screen being dominated by a single player (or sometimes two) who earned all five awards. Update 1.03 makes a change to simply acknowledge players by their score, which means more of them will be recognized.
Spawn points and the combat area on a number of maps have been adjusted, as have some specifics of how objectives can be captured. Most notably, Boba Fett can no longer hover high up in the air and make progress toward capturing an objective. Additionally, some collision issues have also been addressed on Jakku, Endor, and Kashyyyk. “This means that movement [is] now more fluent and no weird or invisible barriers are stopping your movement,” DICE said.
Other changes of note include a fix for the error when quitting games, an increase to reinforcements earned after each stage of a Galactic Assault match, and a reduction to the time needed to interact with objectives.
The update is out now to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can check out the full patch notes below or on Battlefront’s forums. This isn’t the only change coming to Battlefront II soon, as The Last Jedi-themed content is on the way to coincide with the movie’s release. Additionally, if a dataminer’s findings are accurate, cosmetic customization options may be on the way–perhaps to make up for the game’s temporary removal of microtransactions.
Star Wars Battlefront II Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of damage the Stinger Pistol ability does against Heroes & Villains.
- Boba Fett can no longer capture objectives while hovering high above the objective.
- Blocked of some areas on Kamino and Naboo where players could use aerial units to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
- Tweaked the spawning positions when playing Strike on Kamino.
- Tweaked the combat area on Tatooine when playing Strike.
- Tweaked the combat area on Endor when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the combat area on Hoth when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the spawning positions of Starfighters when playing Galactic Assault on Tatooine.
- Tweaked the spawn positions of the AAT when playing Galactic Assault on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Jakku.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Endor.
- Fixed several collision issues on the Death Star II.
- Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where the objective markers would not update correctly during Galactic Assault on Endor.
- Fixed an issue where some automatic doors would not open when approached by Villains in Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where texture was missing near the East Gate Control when playing Strike on Yavin IV.
- Fixed an issue where the reticule from Lando’s Sharp Shot ability would remain active longer than intended.
- Reduced the amount of the damage the NT-242 with the Disruptor Shot mod does against the AT-ST.
- Fixed an issue where the Scan Dart ability would not work correctly when used on doors.
- Players will no longer be able to start a round if the pre-round requirements are not met.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would indicate that friendly forces are taking damage when being hit with by the Ion Charge ability on the AT-RT.
- The Heavy Trooper’s Impact Grenade ability VFX now works as intended.
- The DLT-20A Targeting Rifle VFX now works as intended.
- The Pulse Cannon ability VFX now works as intended.
- Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the players could not Zoom after switching weapons from an overheated TL50.
- Fixed several clipping issues that occurred during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s Star Cards will display their multiplayer stats during the Campaign.
- Fixed several animation issues for Heroes and Villains.
- Fixed several texture issues in Arcade mode.
- Fixed several collision issues in Arcade mode.
- The End of Round screen now gives feedback to players on Rank Up that they are awarded with Credits.
- More reinforcements are awarded after each phase in Galactic Assault.
- Time required to complete interact objectives has been reduced.
- Previous NS Game Reviews: First Impressions Episode 25 – BlastZone 2 (PC)
- Next Assetto Corsa Review (PC Version)
You may also like...
Sorry - Comments are closed