New Fortnite Patch Announced, Adds Xbox One X Support, New Weapons, And More
Epic has announced a new update for Fortnite, which will coincide with the end of the Fortnitemares Halloween event on November 29. The 1.9.1 patch introduces new content for both the game’s Save the World and free-to-play Battle Royale modes, as well as Xbox One X support.
Following this week’s update, Fortnite will run in 4K on Xbox One X. However, it’s unclear if this will be native 4K, nor is it clear if the game will receive any other performance boosts when played on Microsoft’s new console.
The new update Epic also introduces new items to the PUBG-style Battle Royale mode: smoke grenades. Like typical smoke grenades, these are non-lethal weapons that are used to obscure other players’ vision. You can find them either as randomly spawning floor loot or in all container types.
In addition to smoke grenades, Epic is adding two new leaderboards to Battle Royale: Global Wins and Score. The former leaderboard showcases the top 50 players in a specific match type based on the number of wins they’ve racked up; the latter measures players by the total amount of experience they’ve gained.
Fortnite’s Save the World mode is also getting a handful of new items in the form of nine new Vindertech weapons. Additionally, Epic is bringing back Mutant Storms in Save the World, which will reward you with tickets. Players who still have a lot of Halloween tickets will also receive free items; every 500 unused Halloween tickets you have will get you a Halloween llama.
Finally, the 1.9.1 update makes a number of gameplay and UI tweaks, as well as an assortment of bug fixes. You can read more about it in the patch notes–which have been taken from Epic’s website–below.
Fortnite Update 1.9.1 Patch Notes
- Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- The original Rocket Launcher has replaced the Pumpkin Launcher.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.
- Fortnite now supports Xbox One X in 4K!
- Removed the black artifacts that appear while sprinting on Xbox One.
- Fixed an Xbox One only issue which prevented players from logging in if they signed out and quickly signed back into their Xbox One live account in-game.
- If a friend fails to join the party, they will no longer appear to be in party via the PS4 profile and friend’s status.
Save the World
- Mutant Storms
- The Fortnitemares event has ended and Mutant Storms have returned!
- For every 500 unspent Halloween tickets you will receive a Halloween llama, available in the loot tab.
- Fight the storm and earn tickets from missions up to 10 times per day.
- New Event Quests specific to Mutant Storms have been added.
- Vindertech Weapons
- Pulsar – Accurate burst assault rifle.
- Burster – Pistol that fires powerful 3-shot bursts.
- Blazer – Rapid-fire machine pistol.
- Disintegrator – Shotgun that fires balls of plasma.
- Jolter – Energy sniper rifle.
- Blaster – Powerful scoped heavy pistol.
- Slammer – High-speed rocket hammer.
- Sever – Light energy axe with a fast attack speed.
- Slicer – Medium energy sword.
- Players can loot these weapons from event quests and event llamas.
- The amount of Storm Tickets given out by Mutant Storms will now be consistent across all hexes of the same difficulty level.
- Updated the Zapper pistol projectile to no longer inherit the velocity of the character wielding it.
- This weapon is now more reliable and accurate.
- Fixed an issue which caused some of green hexes to not award XP.
- Updated Rocket Hammer descriptions to be consistent across all rarities and tiers.
- Improved controller navigation in the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ninja icons to be tiny.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when closing the game.
- Previous Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB keyboard review and spill test
- Next #2 RIG PC Gaming 30juta GTX1080 & Cara Merakitnya FULL
You may also like...
Sorry - Comments are closed